Welcome to Nomad Mania. We suggest you start by filling in your visited regions through Quick Enter, and browsing our TBT Series – for certain you will find an aspect of travel that interests you! You can check your rankings for each Series, download and print files, browse each one of our 1281 world regions and discover what is interesting about each one. Remember, you manage your account through your profile!
The Best Travelled Nomad Mania was launched in 2012 by Harry Mitsidis. We divide the world into 1281 Regions and wish to show all the interesting aspects of travel through our TBT Series, which includes Cities, Sights, Museums, Islands, Airports and lots more. Nomad Mania is the only website listing travel achievements through so many aspects and also, through verification, checking the claims of big travellers to ensure authenticity. We aim to create an active multicultural community of travellers which inspires travel while being a true reference to all 1281 regions of the World.
NomadMania is a free of charge travel community that welcomes all. By registering, you accept the following:
1. Our division of the world into 1281 is in no way meant to be representative of political beliefs and in no way is meant to be an endorsement of existing political divisions.
2. We cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of members’ profiles.
3. Every user is responsible for the photos uploaded by them and assumes the copyright for these photos, which are retained by the uploader. NomadMania is in no way responsible for the photos uploaded by its users and their copyright.
4. We guarantee the safety of users’ accounts and privacy. Travellers are encouraged to share their social media or blog data; however we will reject all links to commercial sites unless previous permission has been given for these.
5. Users who attempt to link commercial sites to their profiles without prior permission will be blocked without notice.
6. We reserve the right to contact you with information/newsletters regarding Nomad Mania; you may unsubscribe at any moment.
7. We reserve the right to reject inappropriate content of all kinds. Photos uploaded should conform to generally accepted standards of suitability. Users uploading unsuitable photos or photos for which they do not have the copyright may be blocked without notice.
8. Spamming users is strictly prohibited.
9. None of our data, calculations, lists and information - except for data relating to your own profile - can be used for public purposes or quoted in another website except with our expressed permission in writing.
In order for a visit to qualify as valid for nomadmania.com, a ‘minimal’ visit is required. Nomadmania.com defines as a minimal visit as:
For international border crossings where there is a border control, clearance of immigration authorities is required, and a visit to the area beyond the immigration area itself is accepted. In the case of regional border crossings, standing beyond the demarcation line between two regions is accepted. In the case of airports, this needs to be beyond the airport area entirely, while for train transport, a minimal visit involves a reasonable distance beyond the train station itself.
However, in the spirit of real travel, nomadmania.com would consider that good visits should be the aim of travellers.
The verification system is our way of ensuring that travellers’ claims of their regions and countries visited are true. While we accept our members’ claims, experience has shown that certain people exaggerate their travels, either deliberately or through haste and error.
There are two levels of verification: one of UN countries and one for all TBT regions visited. In both cases, a random sample of countries/regions is given, and the traveller must prove a visit, ideally through visas/stamps, boarding passes, bills and, in certain cases, photographs. Given the wide variety of profiles, the process is adapted to the traveller in question. Travellers who pass the verification get a badge next to their profile, one with the UN name, and one specially designed for us.
We contact all travellers with more than 600 regions for verification. If you have visited more than 190 countries and 500 regions and wish to be verified, contact us.
To see the full description of rules for consideration of NomadMania regions in English please read this document.
Our Masterlist of regions is made up of 1281 regions. We divide countries based on 5 Criteria:
We then seek to divide each country in regions relative to other countries, so that our list of regions is rational and each country gets its relative worth in terms of regions. There are some exceptions for ethnically divided nations (such as Bosnia and Herzegovina) or for small island nations (such as Micronesia). We believe that a total number of about 1,300 regions is optimal – big enough to be challenging, small enough to be achievable.
The TBT Ranking, unlike other lists which show a score, is a ranking of the top 100 travellers based on the other lists: we take the rank of each traveller as follows: 25% for the NomadMania Masterlist, 10% for TCC, 10% for MTP, 10% for KYE, 2.5% for SISO by Jeff Shea, 7.5$% for CHAD, 15% for World Heritage Sites, 10% for the ‘Top of the Tops’ Series and 10% for the General Ranking of Series. The result is a composite which we believe is a good gauge of rank as the lists above are both quantity and quality based.
The snippet is a little piece of HTML code that you can put on your webpage to display short statistics about your NomadMania profile. These statistics will always be up-to-date with your NM score.
The snippet can have 2 layouts: a rectangle and a square.
When you enable the snippet on your profile page you will be presented with the exact HTML code to use as well as the example of each snippet layout.
By default the snippet is disabled.